Gilbert O`Sullivan - CLAIR - ( The Sweetest `Clair ` video Ever !) - And Clair answers back !


Your chance to make an eXtra $1,000 per month... [click here].

Ian Bartley
http://fb/me/ian.bartley
http://twitter.com/ianb35

PLEASE READ THIS - Recently I have been corresponding with Clair Mills herself - a privilege to chat to such a lovely person . She has asked me to share this message with you all regarding the negative and dis-respectful comments this song often recieves - " Sorry you have to read the awful posts about the song Clair.. I was a toddler !!!!!! Please feel free to tell them that from me . He is also a very kind and lovely man who I adore still to this day and I would ask them kindly to refrain and respect our wishes " - Clair Mills - December 2011 PLEASE NOTE - Clair is very fond of this video - it holds a lot of happy memories . She occasionally reads the comments on here . With that in mind , if you wish to leave her any nice personal messages I`m sure she would be delighted to read them . There will be no replies - Clair is a very private person - but the chances are she will read them . Any inappropriate or offensive comments to Clair WILL BE REMOVED BY ME so don`t waste your time ! DISCLAIMER - I do not own this footage - It is owned by the BBC and this clip is presented here under the " Fair Use ` law purely for educational purposes ( to explain the song ) and for debating . No infringement of copyright intended . A huge thanks to the BBC on behalf of myself and Clair for allowing this footage to be used to illustrate this song . Words & Music by Gilbert O'Sullivan. Owned & administered by Grand Upright Music Ltd. SUBSCRIBE TO OUR GILBERT FANS CHANNEL ! Share your love of his music with thousands of other fans from around the world !.... Just click on DISCUSSION to read the comments of other fans or maybe share your own thoughts with us .... About the song and video ..... Gilbert`s classic world-wide hit from 1972 . There are many videos of Gilbert performing this song - but none of them capture the spirit of the record . I thought it was time the song got the kind of video it deserves ! If you haven`t seen this footage before , it was filmed for promotional purposes when the single was released - but music videos weren`t commonly used back in 1972 ! It features Clair Mills herself - the daughter of his manager Gordon Mills for whom Gilbert used to baby-sit in the early days of their partnership . He wrote the song as a gift for her parents to say thanks for everything they had done for him . It`s actually Gordon Mills playing the harmonica solo ! Hope you enjoy this video of Clair having fun with ` Uncle Ray ` - ( Raymond is Gilberts real name ! ) Lyrics to Clair : Clair, the moment I met you, I swear I felt as if something, somewhere Had happened to me, which I couldn't see And then, the moment I met you, again I knew in my heart that we were friends It had to be so, it couldn't be no But try as hard as I might do, I don't know why You get to me in a way I can't describe Words mean so little when you look up and smile I don't care what people say To me you're more than a child Oh, Clair Clair Clair, if ever a moment so rare Was captured for all to compare That moment is you in all that you do But why in spite of our age difference do I cry Each time I leave you I feel I could die Nothing means more to me than hearing you say "I'm going to marry you Will you marry me, Uncle Ray ? " Oh, Clair Clair Clair, I've told you before "Don't you dare" "Get back into bed" "Can't you see that it's late" "No you can't have a drink" "Oh, alright then, but wait just a bit " While I, in an effort to babysit, catch of my breath What there is left of it You can be murder at this hour of the day But in the morning this hour will seem a lifetime away Oh Clair Clair Oh Clair

http://ift.tt/1RZ2pWt


No comments:

Post a Comment